Dear All ALRadio DJ's,
I'm here writing this notification to talk about the ALRadio DJ rules with you all and terms of violation. I'll also be discussing new schedule changes regarding what position everyone is at right now as well as
promotions. I will be naming names as a part of this discussion so just please be aware and if any of my DJ's have any questions regarding these rules/terms of violation, schedule changes, or promotion....feel free
to hit me up on my MSN, in the ALRadio chat, or simply email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admin/ALRadio Admin DJKymChee
- Be as active as possible. At least 2 hours a week. (Very flexible...keep reading to exception)
- All DJs will be able to make their own schedules according to their availability,
no pressure, if a DJ can DJ, then do it, if not, leave it
- Advance notice is REQUIRED for anyone not able to come to their DJ session
at least 1 week notice prior to DJ session (last min. cancellations will be counted against you)
- if a DJ can not make it to their DJ session, we advice that you ask one of the DJ staff members to fill in for you (getting someone from outside of the ALRadio staff to fill in for you WILL NOT be an acception and we will not tolerate such action since it's not fair to our members as well as the ALRadio try out DJ's for they are part of the staff team)
- if a DJ does not show within 10~15minute through their DJ schedule, it will be
up for the next available DJ/PL,
- if a DJ does not show up more than 3 times = 3 violation or strikes without prior notice of at least 1 day
in advance of their DJ time may result in 1 weeks suspension or even expulsion
-THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT, as much as we appreciate that everyone
contributes to the radio, please remember, this is not work, YOU DO NOT GET PAID, this is for personal enjoyment, there is no need to DJ 10 hours a week, DJ when you can and when you like to.
- DJ should place family, school, and work before radio!!!!
- During DJ session,
- It is recommended to close all unnecessary programs and limit
downloads/uploads to 0 to prevent any buffering/skipping.
- Recommended programs to be open are MSN, Winamp, Chatroom, and 1 Brower window
- When talking on air, we suggest that all DJS do not type or chat with listeners. You can do all that after you take a song break because nobody wants to listen to you typing away.
- DJs will be given two chances if any errors occur during their session ranging
from technical errors and connection issues.
- READ fellow DJs message FIRST because they may spot errors that the current
DJs are not aware of
- Do not use alot of profanity/ Keep it minimal, it slips sometime, but be reasonable, no one likes
to hear the F.S.C word coming out of a DJ's mouth at 60WPM
- DJ are required to be present in the chat room while DJ'ing
- DJ tag is required to inform listeners on who to request songs from.
- No replays of the same song more than twice per session/under 1 hour
- If same songs are requested often, DJ should kindly ask the listener to
pick another song to avoid having the same song played on the radio over and over
- Dual DJing is encourage, however, permission must be given from the Admin DJ or Head DJ
- If no Admin/Head DJ is available, then ask for the Co-head/Assist Co-Head to stay on back up, an
extra DJ/PL is necessary in the event that the current DJ's session end abruptly, or technical issues arises
- Dual DJing is ONLY allowed to those that are official DJ's on ALRadio (Try out DJ's are not allowed to have guest DJ's; permission granted if new try out DJ's are dual DJing with an official ALRadio DJ)
- DJ with extensive knowledge and experience of dual DJing will be given
permenant permission to Dual without Admin DJ and Head DJ approval (a list will be made)
- Although Dual DJing is encouraged, please be aware that NOT EVERYONE IS SUITABLE FOR DUAL DJ, in other word, not everyone can make it entertaining, this does not mean a person cannot make it work, just more effort is required
- When Dual DJing, be considerate to not stretch talk time to more than 5 minute,
10 minute maximum depending on the intensity of the topic
Violation Of These Terms:
- DJ Moshie: (1st strike + Reason) : 3 weeks ago, tried to get DJ Moshie on air but he just disappeared so had DJRiceBoi took over
(2nd strike + Reason) : last week 08-05-2010 was a no show + failed to let admins know or have someone fill in
(If you have any questions, RE-READ the rules it's all there)
- DJ RiceBoi: (1st strike + Reason) : 08-11-2010 failed to have an ALRadio DJ fill in for him + had a friend outside ALRadio to do so which breached terms of the ALRadio DJ rules.
(If you have any questions, scroll back up and re-read the rules for "DJ Schedule")
NEW DJ SCHEDULE FOR NEXT WEEK STARTING: 08-16-2010
- MON - DJ KKEV
- TUES - DJ KYMCHEE
- WEDS - DJ RICEBOI + DJ MOSHIE
- THURS - TRY OUT DJ PETERLO
- FRI - DJ FOODADDICT + TRY OUT DJ OREO
- SAT - DJ KKEV + TRY OUT DJ Naudi
- SUN - DJ WHISPER
(If this new schedule opposes a problem, pls feel free to hit me up and I'll work something out with you)
- DJ KKEV - Assist Co-Head DJ
CONGRATULATIONS DJ KKEV ON YOUR PROMOTION OF 2010! ALRadio has chosen DJ KKEV on this promotion WHY? It's because DJ KKEV has pulled alot of weight for ALRadio with helping ALRadio members as well as the DJ staff out when we needed him to. He's always agreed to help fill in when being asked to; helped assist others when asked for help; consistently in the chatroom and support his DJ crew; and always helped took over pl whenever it was down with no questions asked.